Friday, July 1, 2011

Fireworks Anyone?

With the Fourth of July quickly approaching... I am left wondering what to do to celebrate this year.  With a new baby and having just recently moved back to my hometown, I am having to redefine my idea of partying these days.  No more liquored up, crazy nights for me.  So how do I still celebrate???


I am really thinking I might take my five month old to see the fireworks.  She is fascinated by lights, so I'm hoping she will enjoy them.  But I'm also a little nervous.  I've heard so many horror stories lately about parents taking their kids to see the fireworks and instead of joy, it scares the hell out of them.  The evening then turns into a screaming fit for the kids and a desperate attempt at calming for the adults.  Is it really worth the risk of terrifying her?  I'm not so sure.

There is always the option also to go the cookout routine and keep things calm.  The holiday seems like a good reason to spend some time with family and friends just catching up and hanging out.  I guess I will ponder on it a little more... still a couple of days to decide.  Whatever we choose, I am just happy to be spending the holiday with my little queen.



What are you doing to celebrate this year?  Whatever you choose... Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment