Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Setbacks...


I have to remind myself often that I am powerless over people, places, things, and situations in my life.  I ultimately only am in control of my actions.  This has been a very humbling lesson to learn in life.  Even knowing this, I still find myself trying to control life and make situations fit what I think they should be.  I strive very hard to live by spiritual principals today and that means looking at my part in every situation and trying not to judge it.  Sounds easy right?  Well, its not.  That instinctual part of me wants to get defensive, go numb, and lash out.  The thing is, none of those behaviors are productive in my life.  Today is one of those days... tense, stressful, bitter, and angry.  Therefore, I will be doing lots of praying... the Serenity Prayer is my favorite.  





No comments:

Post a Comment